Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, May 04, 2005

3 May - botox

As a result of surgery call re. impending menopausal ice age (or will that be blazing age on account of those hot flushes they always talk about) went for light administration of Botox to vertical line in my forehead. Don’t feel remotely guilty. It’s available, I paid for it with my own money, I waited all this time and am actually over 40 unlike Kylie Minogue (it’s my diary, no one can sue me and she can deny it all she likes).

Can’t see anything much yet but the surgeon said it takes 48 hours or so for the poison to kick in. He didn’t actually call it poison, but used its brand name. Mentally make note to start regular savings slot for this as needs renewing more often than AA car membership. Unaccountably or coincidentally went into a church as saw doors open. Have always been irresistibly drawn to lighting candles. Was disappointed to find only tea-lights, which are £1 pound for bag of practically hundreds at Ikea. Am prepared to pay the proper price for a real candle, even one of those bulky large, er, waxy ones, but there was none. I lit one asking to please don’t make my forehead go all purple or green or move sideways. Not sure this is allowed so quickly lit another to ask for good health in my family. Before I knew it I lit another to ask for good health for various friends and eventually remembered the rest of the world, so lit one asking for the elimination in a freakbut very painful accident of a former employer dating back to 1999. Still hate him and no one can trace it back to me surely. Your honour, it was god's will.

At home later saw some so called ‘Extreme makeovers’ on TV. Man, I haven’t even started. Those people looked like they really needed some though. There’s no need to go through the misery of life with a receding chin after all (my number one pet dislike in males or females) However, think my vanity is just that and pretty superficial. So got on the phone to as many girlfriends as possible who are still plastic surgery virgins (surprising how many were not!) and exhorted them to go fill their lines. This minor corruption should not disrupt my sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home