Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

8 May - daniel

My former youngest lover (25) rang apologising for being a dick all of several months ago (we are not speaking) and proposing to come over and visit soon. Boy, am I glad I got the botox done. Will do 100 sit ups tomorrow and 100 lunges and squats. The tea-lights work!

However, I told him I won’t even enter into our old arrangements. Once I paid for his flight, he didn’t make it, thereafter my suggestion was you book and pay for flight to London I book and pay for flight back… still he didn’t make it but I didn’t lose money – not that he flies on anything more exciting than airlines going into Stansted – clearly my fantasy of us as Demi and Ashton is far far from the reality. In fact, I don’t think it works when there’s no money or status involved. It’s not like I can help Danny get a job or something, he has one thank you very much, and it’s slightly better than mine and he even a better set of wheels. Then again he still lives at home and can use his salary entirely for kicks. I won’t describe here my accidental meeting with his mother once. I guess she’s someone I could have been to school with – ok slightly different year - and we only differed in clothing. Hers was more appropriate for her age, then again she works at MaxMara which you’ll admit is not noted for being anything but a reliable, grown up brand. She was not aware son and I had just returned from a Motel – don’t laugh, they are a novelty in his country and clearly we could not go to his home. Though I did go in briefly and saw he still shared a room with his teenage brother. Ahhhh. Still I did not come to my senses. The guy makes me laugh and tells me I am ‘fit’ which is a nice, simple compliment, and tells me when I am obnoxious/patronising. My friends just think it and resent it. So clearly it’s better to have his no bullshit approach. Though it always takes you aback when you realise the cultural age divide. He claims never to have heard of The Godfather (though he heard of Marlon Brando). And am sure by the time he went to college nobody was reading Jack Kerouac or Allen Ginsberg, so he’s never wanted to go on road trip in America for example. And you can’t discuss the Vietnam war. But that’s not really the reason I like him.. It’s because he’s gorgeous and can do it several times in a row or be so sure of his performance that when he’s not interested (around third time) he can just go ‘can’t be bothered now, more later’. There you go, simplicity and no lies. And I don’t have to tread carefully in fear of damaging his ego. I can say things like 'Shall i buy you a Pokemon or have you finished with that fad?'
So I said, please surprise me with a visit at some point. Of course that could take place exactly when it’s least suitable. But more on this another time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home