Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, February 25, 2010

25 Feb - Random ones

Joys of internet # 756. Lots of friends asking if I watch Mad Men . Answer no, have no time for a series. But thanks to youtube have watched enough to 'get it'. Especially loved a posting that in 3 minutes sums up series 1 & 2. What a feat of concisiveness!

I hate series, they overstay their welcome. Occasionally I catch sight of ten mins of Desperate Housewives or Heroes or Lost and wonder about the sad folk who stick by these shows which become a con, a trick, a waste of your time since they meander implausibly. I know implausible is actually how life can be sometimes but episode after episode of 'unrealism' gets on my nerves. Sorry enough.


I'm a recycler since year dot so by washing the plastic containers before putting in recycle paper bin after a dinner party where lots of food came in nice trays that went straight in the oven or contained vegetables or puddings and so on, am astounded at the mountain of plastic thus created. I have no objection to Mumbai/Daravi slum style rummaging to sort out plastics into more usable recycling. If I had space to keep just my own in a barn or something and sell at the end of one year I'd make money and I'm one of a family of 2 who buy 80% fresh and cook from scratch. The amount generated by those with ready dinners 5 nights a week and so on must be horrifying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home