Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

9th April - Runaways

Cruising Youtube for vids of Runaways/Joan Jett since the teenagers in Italy have asked me for clothes and since they're still wearing college kids circa Twilight outfits, I thought I'd look at forthcoming trends and buy 'forward' accordingly. As the movie on how Joan met Cherie has just come out in USA and features same Twilight actress, I think we can be sure girlies will shift style to that of the movie. Imagine my surprise to realise that aside from stage outfits, the clothes are the same still ie. converse, skinny jeans and logoed t-shirts and plaid shirts.... Mmmhhh. I was thinking more rock n roll kate moss on a night out with a few added silver /leather accessories.

However, skinny latex sort of leggins are featured too so thank you american apparel, you'll provide said trews. Absolutely shocking to me is to watch the faces of Joan & co and see how terrifyingly young they were, 15/16/17 and on tour in Japan! singing Cherry Bomb and wearing make up like David Bowie. awwww... There are some montages of photos and in some it's like it's me and my friend A.(used to holiday together every summer in her parents mountain home where we were the trendiest kids - together with some other townies - vs the locals who smelt of cow and cow milk and butter made in the huts on side of mountains) who had covered our sneakers in slogans (cue horrified mothers 'you ruined your shoes' ) and tried to tear t-shirts in various punk ways... Ok I don't have kids otherwise I'd know that this is what any teenager does, including dying their hair pink and orange as sported by the 17 year old am buying clothes for.

However I do remember not really getting into the Runaways as it was a bit crap, compared to my David Bowie so er.. I remember Suzy Quattro more.. Joan or Suzy? Who knows, both still around and looking hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home