Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, May 16, 2005

16 May - giorno & dumas

Read this in a book of poetry by John Giorno: ‘Nobody ever gives you what you want, except by mistake’. Decide to go out looking for mistakes at the weekend, but then bottledout of the exercise. Sometime I like to pretend in my head that I am a performance artist and what I could do/say would not be as myself but as some artistic alter ego.
But the sensible Lisa is never far from the surface and I must be the only person in the universe who only possesses two little angels on her shoulders as opposed to an angel and the more customary little Lucifer encouraging misdeeds. I get all my stuff by proxy. Hence reading John Giorno (celebrated hedonist) and his diary, adventures but then cycling home for healthy food after work. Ok, ok, am hiding various misdeeds here. I do have a slightly askew view of morals and what constitutes good behaviour but still.
Here's another quote I really liked, it's from Alexandre Dumas' The Count of Montecristo 'Your misfortunes interested him, so you were interesting'. May not make much sense to any reader but does to me.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    try this mistake for size baby:

    http://www.frenchmottershead.com/?m=2&sm=0&p=current/clubclass/clubclass.html

    would love a lisa taylor repor ton this!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home