Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, August 11, 2006

2 July - Everyone is connected

Synergy or whatever else this is called… I tell Seth that Toph is going to film a documentary re the volcano eruption in Montserrat 11 years ago and Seth says he was there as emergency coordinating chief medic for 3 months at the time of the tragedy. Daftly or not I tell Toph he should speak to him on the phone just in case he has some great survivor’s story that his researchers have not unearthed yet. So they do. Toph tell me he gets the impression Dr Seth is a very charismatic man (spot on) and that he didn’t like his time there because people did not cooperate with his plans. For example he organised some briefing and no one local attended. Ha, that would be it, Seth is a leader and they don’t like it when there’s no one wanting to be led. Well, at least it’s all covered by a phone call and will not go further. I suddenly realised I did not want the two of them to meet and measure up. A few days later Seth rings as he’s in my street (I’m at work) with a friend of his who lives near me. Woman called Katie. Very similar to me apparently, only 20 years younger than me or so he informs me. Thanks! A nurse …. thought he didn’t do nurses. He says we should meet as we’d like each other. I reassure him that we’ll cover his sexual exploits in five minutes, (as I did with Babette re. Dear John) and then we’ll move on. If the upper classes can mix and match and frequent each other after the event at all those polo matches and so on! So can I/we.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home