Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, July 28, 2006

5 June - Winding country roads a distant memory

Back in London, grey skies after the gulf stream tropical climate in southern Ireland. Or maybe it's not the gulf stream that causes it but something else. You know what I mean? I truly cannot go look it up and spend ten mins on the correct thing just for the sake of checking facts. Tired... Went well, but will write about it some other time. Too much sun goes to your head. Am amazed anyone wants to live permanently there though ... on my drive back to Cork airport I was alone and the car radio only gave me boring stations, so I was looking around as you do and there was nobody! I know it's a bank holiday there but at 7pm on a Sunday where were they all? I barely passed a petrol station. I never saw any shops of note in an 80 mins drive. I'd go mad there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home