Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, July 28, 2006

8 June - Travel agents & misrepresentations

Shit shit shit shit shit, we're going in a couple of days - Zanzibar won out - and Toph who's just emerged from work hell and got on with his part of the deal ie. booking hotel for at least first night or two, rings to say that the ones he tried (my beloved likes top end) say they're still closed and will open next week or later. I know it's low season but I didn't realise it meant a half functioning country. Toph also asked the locals what's the weather like and they say it's raining. My websites visited give the rain fall as averaging a total drop in June compared to May and actually similar to high-season July. I now realise the extent of my stupidity by consulting weather report of Zanzibar tourist office website. Of course it's positive! It's in their best interest to attract people as early as possible and to get the season going. Gosh, could the travel advisor at Trailfinders also be part of this optimistic let's get them out there misleading operation? Toph asks 'Shoud we really go to the other side of the world to find rain and sunsets at 6pm when it's about to be hot in Europe and you can stay out in the light till 10pm?' I know it's a perfectly sensible question to ask but... there's only one response. I burst into floods of tears. As we can't get a refund ... we're going. It's going to be fine. I never had a bad holiday. Yet.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Enjoyed the blog - house in sale tenerife. A new site has been launched with plenty of bargain holidays to choose from. Bookmark http://www.bargainplace.co.uk not just for bargain holidays but for flights and transport to and from airports plus travel insurance deals and holiday clothes.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home