Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, August 10, 2010

10 August - New Yorker g/friends

An evening to go meet the TV friend who lives in NY and who has a habit of sending emails out of the blue about going to meet some new g/friend who's about to have his child. Ok this is only the second time he springs this one but it's always done with some news event sort of slant. New g/friend comes preceded by a profile of hers in the New Yorker since she's also a film maker and daughter of a very famous and controverial lawyer who defended some people nobody wanted to defend (Black Panthers that sort of stuff).

E. is very very nice, and her boyf has invited his top friend the Amnesty lawyer as a sort of proof he has friends who totally understand the cause. The two women happily chat. I chat with woman's husband D. who has a career in ad music (they all do after the pop careers end) and knows some people I know. I like the lawyer a lot, MP -I have to start really using people's initials as sometimes I read back and have no idea what anyone is called) . Wish she was my friend but have nothing to offer in her field. I read her CV online and am scared about the high achievments there to which i have none to compare. And she's manage to have two young dauthers as well. Where do these people find the time? I bet she also manages to write a legal blog every day. She was totally young when she was involved in a major trial for crimes against humanity. Was not Pinochet or Saddam, the other one. Bastard died before they reached the end so I gather all gets dropped. Shame.

Anyway, chances are we won't hear from friend till the next child with the next woman may come along? For some reason their body language did not spell love to me but merely, this happend and we're happy about it. Or maybe they were just jet lagged. I did try and caution against them using both surnames as they plan to do. They're an incredible mouthful and do not alliterate or sound good whichever order you put them in. First son already has a name that is
constantly misheard, misunderstood. Some americans think his kid is called Awsome. I rest my case.

He did say an extraordinary thing re the ring his grandma gave him. If it’s not good enough for current soon to be mother of his second child (not to be confused with babymother #1) you have to wonder what does this guy feel heart wise.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home