Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, July 29, 2010

30 July - Puffin night - partial

from now on anything that says 'partial' means that I haven't finished writing it but that if I sit on it forever, you'll think this blog is defunct so am publishing and later on will amend.


The fermented shark and the smoked puffin have to be eaten so we gather in the garden P. who's obsessed with Iceland but has never been there, J&G because they're around and my upstairs neighbour who wants to introduce me to another upstairs neighbour.

R. and new neighbour A. seems an item, though no touching. What about my friend S. with whom he's had a torrid few months of texts and emails though they've not been able to meet up? And A. is physically very similar to S, and I'dare say same age. She's a professor of arabic at SOAS. Coool. It seems and his father liked her a lot and discussed Syria. What? she's already met his family? He took her to a party there.

P. is the only one who loves the puffin and takes home what's left over. I think we didn't slice it properly ie. fine enough. Looks like speck to me.

Then I go and slip on a trecherous slug which I could not have seen in the dark on the wooden decking and crash badly. Knob on head and shoulder hurts. Ahi!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home