Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, July 29, 2010

29 July - La Bete & La Bete de job

Go and see great play with the unsurpassable Mark ??
It's short and sweet, not a great play but you go for the performance/s. May be 50 quid but you'd pay that at the osteopath for half an hour and this one is just a marvel.

Before it starts talk to S. about her work problems. When you work for just one boss and share the office with him you get every chill going whenever he shifts in his chair and you get caught in his draughts. Long way to say that he's an ungrateful bastard who does not pay her enough and probably resents having to pay her at all or if she has to take 2 hours to go to a doctors appointment. She wants to leave but what are the options? Most of the world is stuck doing what they do where they do it, despite the proliferation of services and consultants who want to help you engineer change. For my side, I'd spend the money at a hypnotist who makes me believe that as soon as I cross my fingers or say one word upon entering work, I will not notice anything and just do what I do as a drone would. Really that's the best. At least she doesn't have to go to any meetings I remind her. The day I also stopped working where am required to do meetings (and report on action taken following said) , I single handedly gave myself hours and hours of peace and no grinding of teeth. Easy. Totally recommend it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home