Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, April 28, 2011

30 April - Lies & TV

I like a garden b'day party which means you don't have to go to a restaurant and be stuck all lunch or dinner. These days am a bit insufferable of situations where I am trapped.
This couldn't have been nicer. Sunny day, sunny position, lovely table laden with picnic food choices and more cakes than you can want to sample. I'm partial to merengue. Glad that's made a come back. Or maybe eaton mess never went away in some parts.

The friends of b'day girl were all lovely though I tend to forget their names from one year to the next as, at more than a decade younger than me, they're not my usual circle. Noticed two couples with fresh babies. Spent a nice proportion of time discussing I's forthcoming book about lying, I already forgot the title, darn, but comes out soon, so Amazon here I come. Thanks to this subject and writer's natural wit, a lively discussion ensued on the cultural aspects to lying (you call it a lie, I call it a half truth and I only told it to protect the family/friends etc). I offered that some nationalities are forever tarnished by history as more capable of lying than others.... Italians were mentioned and people think it's to do with the war an switching sides, but I mentioned Pinocchio and the penny dropped for all. Darn its success. We internalise so much and if there's a kids' s novel out there about a lying boy from Botswana, it just hasn't been translated in all languages under the sun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home