Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

5 April - Spiegelish & Hedonism

Dear John was excited to be coming to London after a month in the not so cosmopolitan (for him) Dublin and his recent break up. Actually I did not get a ‘YES!’ feeling when he told me, felt sorry it ended but had rightly worried about the speed at which he seemed to have fallen for this strangely named woman I called Airfix (in my head). Now he has licence to be bad again I thought and indeed he talked about throwing himself at the feet of hedonism and he was bad. I got a call on Sunday at 10.30… bit early for him and it transpires he spent the night with some new woman met at Gerrys and she had a breakfast to go to at 8.30 and turfed him out. I think ‘smart woman coming up with that excuse to then have Sunday all to herself’. But between going home at probably 4am and out at 8.30am. am not sure the experience could have been so good? Indeed no, and he’s remorseful about his little binge.
He says Bad Babette is taking him to lunch at the Wolseley and so looking forward blah blah to a night with her. I said I thought she wouldn’t go there no more (I mean she told me so…and it’s in her blog) but he said emails suggested otherwise. Next day he says I was right, she also took some other girl to lunch. Think she was just showing him off. He’s still a c ock for hire perhaps and no, he went back to hers but didn’t do anything. Apparently she’s just as upset as he is at not being able to find the right one. I wonder if they took the same sleeping pills. He tells me he was sort of appalled by the state of her flat which is so luckily positioned by a churchyard in Jermyn Street but messy, though not so when I visited recently and delicious BB was sitting cross legged on an antique-y chair looking v. French in tight black narrow pants and patent leather ballerinas. God, boys are a bit like my mother, they like it clean. But why want a clean environment if you like the girl to be 'dirty' and she's cool enough to take you for brunch at the Wolseley? Which reminds me, what did Toph make of my mausoleum-tidy parental home? We were in their town recently and not allowed to visit till next day when even I was surprised at how even more gleaming than usual it was and not an object out of place. ‘Spiegelish’ in fact as my Jewish friends say.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home