Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

16 October - Old punks & Strummer

I don't read biographies, have hardly got time for fiction but... this is a good one or so the critics say and so it's proved by opening chapter I read and the fact that Chris Salewicz wrote it. Top guy, my fave snappy dresser above 50. And coiner of one of my now oft used phrases about modern life 'It's absurd!' Yes it is, almost everything. Anyway off to a not so grand venue but a very good choice as it's in Joe's ole neighbourhood in Ladbroke Grove. Pretty soon the place is throbbing with 'old' faces from the days I would have made it to the front of a gig. I have a vivid memory of the Clash at The Music Machine in Camden and my dark pink velveteen dress coming off my head and being squeezed of abundant sweat, mine and my fellow pogoers, before being put back on for the freezing bus ride home. Anyway, I keep saying hello to various people, I guess some are instant face fits, Don, Mark Ellen, some ex Sex Pistols, - tragic black hole there, which one? the old bass player before Sid... - and suddenly in amongs the old crowd I see three young boys, one of which is obviously miles more charismatic that the others. Turns out it's Salewicz and Esterson's son Cole with members of his band. Just passed GCSC's and on the way to... rock stardom. Haven't heard the band but the face fits. I can tell.
Later on....

tbc

1 Comments:

  • At 10:27 AM, Blogger Cole said…

    hahaha - thanks!

    colesalewicz@gmail.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home