Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, November 08, 2006

2 November - Jack Black or Kyle Gass?

Last night went to premiere of Jack Black’s new film as Tenacious D "The Pick of Destiny". Abysmal but hey… my first time walking on red carpet in Leicester sq. Is it really I thought? In all this year I was missing a red carpet and it’s for this movie??? And to make it more sad no one, but no one took our picture and we were dressed up nice. Actually I’ll revise that, it wasn’t abysmal, it had its moments, but they would be best appreciated by teenage boys. I mean, there’s a song called ‘Kickapoo’ and I failed to understand the three words it was made up of and just thought it was nonsensical instead of scatological. I did like the acid trip sequence though. Very warm and cuddly.
Anyway, at the bar afterwards, Ronnie Dio made room for me to get a drink. Ronnie Dio! I kid you not. He’s older and shorter than me and he did beg the question of ‘how could it possibly be that this blink and you miss it gentleman could have inspired utter rock axe devotion?’ I simply don’t see it but then I don’t get other impish elves like Mick Jagger either. And both have probably shagged vast amounts of women. By the time we arrived at said bar, having detoured to see a rock band on the way and been surprised that kids now like long haired straightforward rock. How bizarre!, the lovely Jack had gone home or elsewhere so I got to talk to Kyle Gass, he's the one with even more unattractive butt cheeks on the film poster. He had obviously been talking to too many people already as my first entertaining question “Kyle, what’s on your ipod?” was met with the laconic “I don’t have an ipod”. Further chat remained curiously one sided so I took the hint and went back to consider whether, 20 years ago or so I’d find the ex singer of Busted attractive (he was there – can’t remember his name, probably never knew it). And yes I would have seen as I have a weakness for well defined eyebrows, though the Gallagher brothers left me cold, so this particular generalisation is a bit pointless. Ps. The rock slide in the film? They didn’t do it. They were kneeling on a surfboard thingy with wheels and were dragged by hired hands. Ahhh! I knew something didn't fit. J & K too short and fat to successfully slide? But what do I know. Hadn't recognised Grohl playing the devil. 'What, the clue about playing drums only how Grohl does had passed you by?' says a snickering friend. Hey, I'm a girl! I can tell Edge from Gilmour guitar style but drums is too geeky surely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home