Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, September 10, 2007

10 September - Sagas

Over this w/end I've been told of three different sagas involving one ex lover, a friend of a friend and the husband of another. All v. complicated. You realise how exhausting life is just listening to what happens to a few people you know and all of it is regarding relationships, not life or death matters. I got home last night and had head buzzing. It wasn't just listening and relaying (of course I had to 'gossip' to other friends) but also lending an ear to phone call by upset (though not distraught) girlfriend of a friend. Being 'older' seems to give me some kind of consigliere position and frankly, am terrified of just giving my advice based on what has happened to me in the past or have experienced ie. not related to the situation at hand.

Oh, I forgot another one because it was on Thursday. When I wrote a month ago or so of 47 year old husband taking a dip for a twenty something woman he was working with... little did I imagine that she would dump him so soon for... someone more influential than him and thus more able to further her career. I had her down as a slip of a thing and she goes and nabs some serious player in her perfect strategy for success. So yeah, that's four dramas swirling around in my vicinity.

If I manage to find the point I want to make with all of this... I shall relate them. Or try to.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I feel almost relieved that none of the dramas swirling around involve me... xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home