Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, September 07, 2007

3 September - Curry King & Benazir

Out with D. and the curry king friend, (when is he ever going to blog about his passion or form the Facebook curry lovers network? I keep telling him!) who happens to own a commercial promo company and whose 13 year old daughter has had a book published this week. For an advance of 1k and bear in mind it’s only 3000 words. Way to go teenage empire building kid. I feel humbled. So we celebrate and chat and just to get out of the usual pop gossip, how about a bit of political goss?
Our friend D. asks curry king if he knows how to get to Benazir Buttho (or Bhutto, sorry the net is equally divided over the spelling) since he went to Uni with her and D’s reporter friend T. is on his way to Pakistan to cover the elections/return of émigré prime minister etc. CK says he still knows someone who keeps in touch with her, though he personally doesn’t. A grin spreads over his face as he says when she was at Uni she was a bit of a fast girl. And he laughs. I think we should be told if CK has been there but he won’t reveal.

Uh ho! Maybe I shouldn’t stray into politics in my blog. Unsubstantiated ha ha ha. As it wasn’t him she slept with, but others. Several. Oh there I go again, casting aspersions. Somehow it just makes me laugh that all this Eastern leaders have to kow tow to their religious mafias when in fact they get up to the same as everybody. Bit like the catholic church thundering against gays and being the largest…. Oh I better stop there.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home