Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

30 August - Coffee & well, none really

For those who care about this things, and now I know there’s at least one of you who may be on a detox these days, (hi I.!) I have not felt like having a coffee for ages. I mean, I have drunk the occasional black decaff and it tasted so foul, that after 3 or 4 sips have left it. Only sugar or milk could have improved it and clearly have not added that. So there you go, proof that you lose the craving for it if you allow yourself a little time to stick to the new routine. A bit like when you first got used to soya milk, bleurgh! (is this English or have I picked it up from the French or Italianos?). Have not been so good on the other stuff, it’ s really not my idea of a good night constantly saying no to a vodka and tonic or of a good morning start to juice all the time, though eating protein first thing is fine, give me fish, cheese or eggs and I truly don’t have that mental programming that says those are not breakfast foods, it’s just cultural conditioning.

But then I read this frightening article in Vogue where this goody goody American high flyer who frankly did not look very good for her efforts, swapped shopping trolley and food with a not stick thin Brit married to a chef and a meat eater and so on for a week or two. Just reading the military style operations of American with her Fresh and Wild (RIP) obsession made me see that going that way is just no fun for… forever…..! With some relief I realised I don’t even know what corresponds to some of the products' names she mentions (can it be food if I’ve never heard of it?) and so am far from ‘gone’ down the healthy nut route. I do believe you live longer if you go Gandhi way but are you happy??? I still say no to meat but hey, one day am not discounting a return to bacon and corresponding packet of salt therein contained.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home