Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

28 August - Baby girls

An early morning text from Dear John to announce the birth of his baby daughter. Ahhhh, finally the Bun is out and she is given a lovely Latin sounding name. I text back congratulations and then think ‘Should I cry now?’ and I decided I should. A short little tear shedding moment, which gets buried in the BF’s shoulder. I hardly ever wished for a kid (maximum three times over more than twenty years and it was never a strong enough wish to do anything much about it) and am comfortable with that, but a baby is a baby and they receive so much love from everyone around them and more to come and smiles all around, and sometimes you just wish that were you. Freshly born today and with another 80 to 90 years ahead to take you to 2100. It’s always comes down to ‘me me me’ doesn’t it. Sorry about that. but if little new princes G needs me, I’ll be here. DJ you just have to ask.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home