Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

2 October - Control

For the review, I'd say I couldn't agree more with the one appeared in the Telegraph. For my feelings during the movie, they are all to do with who I was then. I did see Joy Division - at the Rainbow, shortly before he died (the BF can lay claim to having seen earlier incarnation Warsaw, and to him the music/film speaks of how badly you want to run away from where you're born, and how music saves you and oh, how listening to David Bowie and Iggy Pop fucks you up - er, Warsaw is of course the title of a Bowie song from Berlin days). I do remember even then, not knowing as much as we do know, as Deborah Curtis' s book had not been published, that I just knew that upon meeting a european chick like Annik H., a boy from Macclesfield, aged 23 and with a wife and kid, had no option but to go for her, with all that it entailed.

The movie brought back a dim memory of sitting in a car with Alan Erasmus (not RIP it seems, like Wilson and Curtis and Hannett) and fending off his advances whilst thinking 'damn, it' s not you I want, I want Peter Saville'. Now, if I was by nature an opportunist, I'd have taken the Erasmus gig so to speak which would have led to the Saville one. But I've always been dim to that line of action. Saville hasn't aged particularly well, even before his TV appearances on Wilson's death) but... he's still an object of desire from a time when those meant something.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home