Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

25 September - Rugby & Burma

This morning I thought should I read/find out something about rugby as there is a world thingy going on? You know, just to be informed, just to talk to some men about it and then I thought what men? I only know metrosexual types who do yoga or cycle or swim or play golf, but wouldn’t dream of watching men bashing into each other, so why bother? I don’t go to pubs, I hate rugby shirts, I hate what their pumped up bodies look like. Why don’t I read about the crisis in Burma instead although is it me or is this some manufactured front page news? I mean, a demonstration in Burma where 100 monks get beaten up is hardly shaping up to be Tianammen Square. And if nobody bothered to intervene in Rwanda why would they care about the tiny kingdom of Burma? The only people who have some influence in that region are India and China so why are the British papers giving it so much space? Why is Gordon Brown even mentioning it? Is there nothing else to write about?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home