Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, November 22, 2007

15 November - TV I don't do

A friend writes that huge scaffolding has gone up around her building in south ken and all the lights is screened off and will be for weeks, major works (she’s in the basement as if that wasn’t bad enough) and not only that, but the scaffolding interferes with TV reception and she can’t watch anything. Doomed.

I say poor you as I know she does watch lots of TV (well, she manages a listing magazine for example) and consider that a similar situation would not affect me so badly. I seem to know about what’s on TV more from glancing at papers than actually watching. This past week for example I’ve only watched Heroes (back to back episodes to save ‘time’ so to speak), because something had to be found after the Sopranos ended. Have had the news on in small doses (I read the papers), and had Mr &Mrs Smith on in the background as I read. I had lost interest in the movie at the cinema halfway through (or I think I was on a plane actually) as the story gets progressively more ludicrous and if you get no kicks out of watching brangelina’s biceps, then it really loses you.. ), I did turn up the Culture Show as a friend rang to say some artist he's working with was on it...and… and that’s it I think.

I have never seen Ugly Betty, would like to but hasn’t happened, have not seen Prison Break (imagined it would annoy me by going on forever with no real end in sight), have not seen the ITV big dramas and not even Belle which I wanted to see but again I was never around when it was on and I simply don’t record off TV anymore, have not done for years. It was odd to throw away a while back some VHS with episodes of 30 Something on them or of Twin Peaks. Oh, just remembered was knackered and in on Sat. and so had the Come Dancing programme on in the background, followed by the X Factor. Can see how those would suck you in but … I wasn’t… How come am so impervious to TV? I do look at the TV supplements and even circle stuff I’d like to watch (movies, docus, some other TV series that get people talking, Scrubs, that other doctors' one, Grey's Anatomy) but then I miss it. Am I missing out?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home