Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

11 November - Shoes, well Boots in fact

A lucky day is one where you visit an old friend who happens to have your same shoe size and who usually gives you nice hand me downs of clothes and in the past you have thought, wish she also gave me shoes and handbags but must not be greedy. Well this time she’s clearing out winter boots. Many. All seem hardly worn and that’s because she bought them but they weren’t quite right, maybe one hurt a little here, one hurt a little there and so she keeps buying them, the shapes are very similar, so is the heel height etc. But hey, even with my not so perfect feet as well documented here, the girl has bunions and wider feet than the rest of her justifies, (am not quite Frodo but you know, I’d have preferred Audrey Hepburn’s feet, am sure they were dainty or maybe not as she did ballet), my friend’s boots all fit perfectly.

I’m five pairs richer, and I left two or three behind. One was too sporty a pair and one had a zip that was a bit tight though now that I reflect on the fact they were nearly new Jill Sander I could kill myself. My friend doesn’t look at brands much but I always make the assumption that if it’s a ‘label’, then the designer had more of a duty of care towards me the consumer and there is a threshold of quality below which the item would simply not get made….. Though a pair is Costume Nationale and there’s nothing to denote superior quality or differentials from the pairs that are half the price. Oh and a pair is a sort of brown with a hint of purple that I particularly like.

The fact that on the same day I lost my spectacles left behind on a plane and I now have to fork out the usual £200/250 for the pleasure of another pair is somehow assuaged. Ie. am not crying hot tears of frustration.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home