Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, November 16, 2007

4 November - Down & Below

Am out with an old colleague I don’t know very well. She’s drinking only water and tells me she’s on a diet that allows very little for 3 months as her doctor/homeopath is trying to flush out the candida from her system though she doesn’t think this is the main cause of her problems ‘down below’. She proceeds to tell me what they are, but basically sex is unpleasant and painful and one ends up not bothering which clearly is not a great state of affairs. She’s not dating right now but it contributed to the demise of her last one. Sounds awful. I’d rather er… die. Hope it’s not something one develops though she says this goes back to 2/3 years ago and she’s 37 so Christ, yes, it could be like eczema or diabetes or any of those things that just happen to you. Jeez, no wonder she’s tried it all, acupuncture, omeopathy, reiki, the works.

She’s also doing a hypnotherapy course and will have hypno herself and again she hopes this may help with the problem. She says there may be something that her subconscious has stored which gave rise to the problem. I can’t ask, and just wait to be told, but I have to wonder that if you call your sexual organs mostly ‘down below’ instead of using the actual words which are not that scary, trust me, then maybe you don’t have the easiest of relationships with them to start with. Am I wrong?
I did struggle a bit to listen. This is a woman who goes into great details when telling you a story so it took a long time to catch up. I was also annoyed that originally we were meant to be joined by another ex colleague who cried out on the day as too stressed, too overworked, headaches and so on. I don’t mind but had been hoping to kill the two birds with one stone and now of course her no show leaves it all open to rescheduling etc etc. I guess I do have options of being too busy till next year myself. Is that bad?

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home