Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, December 14, 2007

11 December - Whinge

A girl should not have to waste sooooo much time handling a day job. Truly, and utterly, this past week has flown with work stuff leaving me drained. Hence, the scarcity of news. But there have been some events. I'll relate them next week when I'll be in full 'who gives a fuck about work' mode and busy plotting my Vietnam itinerary whilst studiously avoiding the shops. Oxfam Gifts. Been giving people goats and toilets and bags of seeds, and school desks and beekeeping equipment for years. Trust me... Once you get the recipients used to this is what we get from that sanctimonious charidee obsessed friend of ours and there are no nicely wrapped actual gifts... well, by year 2 they forgive you and accept the gift that makes someone else's life a bit easier than ours in the western world.
xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home