Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, November 30, 2007

26 November - Multitasking

How much do I do in a morning before I leave the house? It just occurred to me, that I clean the shower head (oh yes, had put it in a bowl wiht some vinegar to descale it) I take things out of the washing machine (I set it on night before), I clean the mirror in the bathroom as I brush my teeth and I wipe the washbasin, I make him a cup of tea. I tidy up a bit, pick up stuff, re-arrange newspapers and mags, and am about to take the thrash out when I remember to just leave it well alone…

I don’t care. He has time to read the papers, read books, do anything he wants, but not hoover unless he's been told for a week and not polish his shoes unless he's been told for two weeks. My oh my, who would want to live together /get married and all those things then really become your chores instead of just doing them because, because, you just do. Why can't I just sit down, drink my tea and maybe read for five minutes before I go to work? Why am I wired this other stupid way that makes me the maid?

He's got his uses, I do send him to get the Vietnamese visas though… and that is something I'd have to take a morning off for. Still he'll have a coffee whilst he waits and read in the car. He still has an easier life than me.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home