Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, March 28, 2008

26 March - More losses

Ok, remember the ring, the cashmere top, the friend? This bad week can now have the following added:
pay £100 for MOT but get told car needs new gear box, approx. £500 so no, will have to sell it. Who needs a car in London?
Then lodger rings to say my bathroom is leaking into flat below and I must sort out plumber (he's coming .. no idea how much)
Then I buy new cooker for my flat as the existing one was/is knackered , oven doesn't work blah blah - £360
Then in submitting dormant company accounts for my block of flats, get told that we never submitted 2003 accounts and we owe up to £3k. As 2 of the flats were bought after 2004, those two owners obviously will refuse to pay a fine that predates them leaving just me and one other owner to foot this bill. I just don't want to even think about this.
Then I come to work bringing in a gift I was given at xmas of £100 in John Lewis vouchers because i can sell them to a colleague who said she's buy them. Arrive here and the card/vouchers are not in my handbag. God knows where i dropped them on the way to work. Hope they were found by needy Ladbroke Grove council estate person and not, more likely, by £6m house dwelling Hollywood director's wife. (keep seeing Paul Greengrass/Mr Bourne Identity in the street).
Sure, it's only money but I'll probably develop some strange cancer out of all this rage.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 6:51 AM, Blogger Susan Quilliam said…

    Hi Lisa,

    I've been trying to get in touch with you, but can't seem to find an email address on your blog page. Is there an address I can reach you at?

    Best,

    Laura Bates

    laura@susanquilliam.com

     

Post a Comment

<< Home