Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, March 20, 2008

11 March - Wiki 1 & Wiki 2

Am missing the mountains and the snow, especially as all my leg muscles have come back to normal and seem more stretched than before, I can happily bend foward and rest the palms of my handds on the floor, and how nice is that?
But there's no time to go again, despite the super good offers for Easter and April. Next year it's already decided that we'll go on the TransEuropeExpress. Well, just the regular train to the Alps but we're all fans of Kraftwerk and that's what we're calling it. Geneva airport was just too awful for words, choka with people glogging every surface as it was probably built to just play transit to rich bankers and not hordes of cheap flight skiiers. Nasty.

Am also missing B. and I. who despite an age gap of maybe 20 years, were regularly trying to outshine each other by coming up with 'Did you know that... ' facts and were dubbed Wiki 1 and Wiki 2 for their fountain of knowledge style entertainment. B's 7 year old is already on the road to know most of what her dad knows (by the time she has matured to read Joyce ... ) and she was already Wiki and a half. Pretty precocious but nice with it, though I lost my patience when she was hogging up time at scrabble. Had to remember 1) child, 2) not my child and father a few steps away, not good to chastise other people's kids.

Toph was dubbed double phD for his efforts to keep up the fountain of knowledge, but he doesn't like the sound of his own voice as much as the other two and so ducked out of a lot of info exchange. Considering that the acoustics in the chalet were crap and all could be heard from any room on any floor, I have probably absorbed more facts than I'll never need even when I was sleeping.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home