Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

11 August - Dinner/rain - partial

from now on anything that says 'partial' means that I haven't finished writing it but that if I sit on it forever, you'll think this blog is defunct so am publishing and later on will amend .

Somewhere in Chiswick near where Independiente used to have office, now long since gone.
Table next to ours with 15 or more assorted 20/21 years old. Loud, happy to see each other, lots of hugging of girls in short dresses/skirts which rose up in getting hugged. They all look like they have parents who foot their bills. Regulation english preppy look for the boys (by which I mean Prince Harry) and wannabe posh wagsies.
Our dinner spent with 3 people reminiscing about trips/work/people they knew. Small percentage known to me and only 2 well enough to care. Much 'have you heard from...?' and surprise that someone who may have been best friend in your thirties has not returned your call since Jan/Feb. Not out of malice you think but they're busy. The reality is that nobody needs friends that much anymore. You sort out own shit by and large without burdening anyone with it. If you do, you actually lose friends who may be having a decent time and don't feel like having to cheer you up or mask own good time so as not to upset you by comparison.

wake up next day with memories of inxs since M. had asked me if I knew someone whose name was familiar but not quite. 8 hours later my subconscious throws up the name of inxs manager who is not the person M. meant and who I didn't know apart from in passing anyway and when I go look things up as usual they're much further back in time than i thought. ie early 80's.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home