Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, June 10, 2005

8 June - mozart & genius

Read an article on Mozart and geniuses in general which sort of accounted for their extaordinariness by a) the environment they grew up in - for example, did you know that Einstein’s family already contained scientists and so on? - and b) the extreme amount of hours of practice in the chosen (by their pushy parents) field that they were made to do.
Mentally I tot up on an average week the number of hours spent fiddling in shops, touching fabrics, scanning shelves, moving items about, searching for the elusive price tag, turning it around so I can read the price etc. Multiply this by the type of shops: clothes shops, shoe shops, bags, accessories, furniture, food, bookshops, toiletries and make-up counters and vitamins and medicines and jewellery shops and add to this the quota of irrelevant (to my lifestyle) shops I still check out for no reason: baby clothing, DIY, gardening. It becomes frightening. All those hours...
If I had started searching for a cure for cancer at 6 years old, I have no doubt I’d have found it by now. It also makes sense of my frustration at expecting to become a decent horse rider by just doing a 1 hour class per week and not every week either or expecting to learn snowboarding in the first two days of a skiing holiday (so that you can do it for the remaining 3 or 4). It’s pretty impossible and there I am crying tears of frustration ‘cause I can’t ‘get it’. I bet young Mozart cried buckets by comparison and he probably got beaten up to.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home