Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, September 14, 2005

8 September - a frame

Drink with a well known 80’s troubadour I had some work dealings with in the 90’s . His soft Scottish accent and delicate guitar parts always got to me. We catch up. ‘s not easy. The last drink was 3 years back. When he split up from the long term girlfriend, perfect stylist now fashion editor of a top selling magazine he fell into the arms of a cockernee girl called Hannah. Sounds like the fell in love with the accent battles their voices made and her spunky attitude. They parted because it was too explosive. Lots of ‘get out of the car now’ type moments. So he’s learnt to drive finally, he’s over 40 for sure. Later as I apologise for a very bad three-point turn he tells me he’s impressed as he’s a novice. At dinner, a big smile spread over his face as he told me how he’d never had that intensity before – not the 3-point turn, but the dramatic cockernee. Once again I reflect on the fact that it sounds as if the sex suddenly got fantastic. People are like on drugs when they have those kind of experiences ‘You mean I didn’t get so high for all those years? Jesus I’ve been robbed!’ He got a dog now too. I promise to buy it a diamond collar if I win at the Bellagio in Vegas next week. The last album was all sad split up songs. I told him I had been worried about him, was he eating enough etc and he had to remind me, miss fiction, that he writes them like that but that don’t mean it’s happening to him. No one buys happy songs do they? Aaahhhh! Yes, well reminded. We go and see ‘Me, You and Everyone We Know’ which we like. There’s a trailer for Pride and Prejudice and the says he doesn’t get Keira Knightly and pouty lips, doesn’t get Angelina. I offer that I don’t get Brad. Later he asks me if I’ve ever read Michel Houellebeq. Have I just! Only my favourite French writer! Lovely bonding moment. If we fancied each other, that would be a good start but…. we leave it as it is. See you in a couple of years?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home