Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, December 01, 2005

29 November - the other lisa taylor

Friends who hate blogging. I seem to have a few. Well, they are over 40. Like me yes, but essentially when they ask ‘why don’t you just keep a paper diary’ the answer has to be, w/o using too many post- post-modern terms, that we’re in 2005 after all, and there are new media surely so why not explore them and access them from wherever you are in the world. I remember a long long trip where I guarded my diary closely but could now go into a net café in Delhi or Kathmandu and just keep it up to date from there. A teenager blogging from China or Cali is just using what’s there, just as he texts different from us, just as his thumbs are bigger than ours from all the Playstation action. Diaries have evolved, you can attach pics, links and get comments, no such thing as secrets any more in the age of 24 hour watching people in a room, an island, video-diarying as they go along etc. For me I’d say the blogs are the new dinner table for people who are too busy to go to dinner. I wonder how many people write theirs drunk? Not this one am afraid as it mostly gets done … at work. I could drink at work I guess, am sure it wouldn’t be noticeable. Not much. And excusable in December perhaps?

Anyway, back to the teenagers, they write like this below, from my namesake, a young Lisa Taylor in Manchesters. And no, I don’t know what ‘brean’ means either. A town? I think she must compose it on her mobile phone and forward it to the blog...
BREAN WAS WKD had such a gd time wit me bezzie m8 louise !!! went 4 a wk n we both got men LOVIN IT, steele is fit lol n yea louise i kno u finkin jamie is fit aswell so i've put it lol.
wanna go there agen n have loadsa fun wit evry1 we have met it was bloody wkd class excellentiiiii lol lovin all the ppl tht kno me xxx

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home