Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, November 17, 2005

7 November - xmas slags

The newspapers have started with advice on how to survive the Xmas season of office work parties. I wonder if in other countries they expend so much ink on this or if it’s just here in the UK, where people get shit faced on drink. Not that they need the work party to do it. I could see shit faced people any night of the week if I bothered to stay in a bar long enough.
Oh and apparently women (I think it’s mostly women?) are prepared to have a one night stand if it saves them the money for a taxi home! Maybe this only applies to suburban dwellers? My taxi budget is usually £30 or so, if it starts costing more than going to Heathrow then I make myself brave the night bus, but night buses are not so bad if you have something to read and are not shit faced. You seriously could be hallucinating otherwise, plus it’s best you’re sick on the shoes of the prince who’s giving you the ride cum one night stand home frankly than making my bus smell. I have to consider that at least in Thailand they do it for a washing machine or a new fridge, not a ride. Ok maybe not just once…ie. "I buy you washing machine, you give me 50 bjs, deal?". Or maybe a washing machine in Thailand is the same price as a cab to Sheen or one of those places past the North or South circular? Maybe it works the other way round too ie. I could pick up some handsome man with the promise of a taxi home? And breakfast next morning? Actually, revise that, what am I thinking, men don’t need any form of persuasion usually, just say ‘You! Over here, now.’

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home