Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, May 25, 2006

5 May - Shoes & Blogs II

Went to a shoe party recently by a wonderful new designer, Gil Carvalho - google him and see what you find. I can see why Liz Hurley and Madonna got shoes from him… They are so comfortable despite the height. Same could be said for the Manolos and Louboutins and Ginas and so on. It’s architecture, not shoe design. As it happens as this was an end of season off load of shoes and the man refused to offer me a decent discount and the shoes I wanted were not really in a terribly useful colour (lime green) I had to leave them, but have been thinking about them ever since and his uncharitable attitude - it's not like i wanted them for £50, offered a £100 but he wanted £190. As if! Thing is, not much of a summer here and unless Puff Daddy invites me on his boat for a month or two as we cruise the Med, it’s not worth changing my wardrobe to match lime green shoes. Ok, white goes, black goes, more lime green and so on…. But am bored, nothing to say today so go take a look at this blog that always has me in stitches for the Hispanic eeenglish this guy, or whoever hides behind the name Manolo, uses http://shoeblogs.com/ you can also be led astray by the various other blogs he links too. All shoes and fashion so if you’re eagerly awaiting the start of the World Cup, better not read after all. Not your scene.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home