Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

17 May - Madagascar & miles away

Toph is a little distracted by his work. I found my lovely excel spreadsheet had not been perused properly. You can tell by the questions they ask you! Admittedly should have broken it down into something simpler but what's simpler than a couple of columns? And I have to believe my boy is intelligent. Am proposing Madagascar, the only thing to consider is which side! It appears that the island is much much larger than I thought. Admittedly am not remotely interested in lemurs and much of nature, but it has a ring to it. Toph points out that the time we're considering will be the height of summer here and why not go to Spain or some such?
I bristle at the suggestion. Spain is for daddies. Well, not really, but you know what I mean. I'll only do it in a top performance & top down car or snazzy bike, both of which Toph does not own. Plus there is no Glastonbury this year to hold me back. I didn't go last year so it follows I would want to go this year but ... it's not on.
There are all sorts of unresolved scheduling issues with Toph's work, but I get him to agree that mid-June the darn project surely has to be over, dead, buried, done with or else! But he's saying let's keep it to two weeks (this from the man who said 'I do not want to work all summer'), which sort of rules out Madagascar, we need three for that one. I can see my long trip disappearing into a mere holiday... but am learning to compromise for the sake of love. You could ask 'but why doesn't your man want to make you happy and accommodate his beloved's wishes?' Well, don't ask, as therein lies a reality I do not want to face. I doubt I'm that beloved - yet. But even two weeks should suffice to change my status.
Frankly it's such a shame Thailand is out in June for the rains... it's always perfect but I mustn't forget certain associations. For him, negative (the ex nearly died in Tsunami blah blah, wish she had, at least he'd have a real reason to cry over that one... ok am allowed uncharitable thoughts on my blog ok!) and for me super positive and therefore to be avoided too. Wouldn't want to have to measure this one - or anyone - against the yardstick of my fairy tale time spent there with my mythical & gorgeous Craig. We're getting on for 6 years since it burnt bright, and it's not been topped. Oh, there I go off into a reverie again. Must remember that when Craig changed his email address a while back, I did not receive further updates... Am a dreamer, but never a deluded one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home