Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Sunday, August 13, 2006

10 August - Matalan & TK Maxx

Am blessed with a boring job.. how else would I have time to write this blog? In fact it’s so boring (I chose it deliberately, dont' feel that sorry for me) that these days my wrist aches from mouse over action due to spending hours on webistes. Should really use those old keyboard shortcuts learnt in about 1982. Anyway, what you have to do is always aim to have your desk positioned with your back to a wall so no one but the IT guys know how long you spend surfing.

Was considering what to do tomorrow and of course am not insensitive to ads and thought ok so 70% off at Matalan, could go take a look. But! Saved by the internet. A quick tour of their website reveals that there is nothing I need or stands out enough. Hurrah! Besides I'm not a Matalan person, which is sort of a Next person if you think about it. Before I give up, I go look at TK Maxx. They don’t show their merchandise, but they helpfully put together some looks for you, you know, the ones as seen in Heat magazine on Kate and Sienna. Why would I want to wear the same? In one they feature some blue flip flops that cost £8 (down from £18). Ahhh, that’s how they make the money, selling 50p rubber to suckers! Not going there either.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home