Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Sunday, August 13, 2006

6 August - Posh fruit and drinks & Crap music

First of all it’s not a festival if it doesn’t have tents. What calls itself a festival these days is a mere local summer fete type thing. There are so many this Summer in and out of London and there’s fuck all to differentiate/recommend them. Sick of marketing/sponsorships events masquerading as entertainment. You might as well be in Earls’ Court or Olympia. Thank god I got out of that business a long time ago and don’t have to pretend am doing something interesting. I’m not going to any, especially if the bands are as crap as Fruitstock in Regent’s Park. Yes, ok it’s free so don’t look a gift horse in the mouth and the Cuban guys.. Los Van Van? were good old timers, but Arrested Development? The London Gospel Choir? I don’t care who they’ve sang with.. their main singer was flat a few times. There was some other band whose singer had zero charisma and I asked their name twice and I still can’t remember it. Plus, we must be old.. we’re so in love with the stands that sell gourmet food, the champagne, the pimms, the fresh fruit and the farmers market, the triyoga tent, the friends of the earth van and so on, but not so old as not to register the ludicrous prices of stuff. This is not the bar at the Sanderson, so thank you for selling me nachos for £6 and a bottle of Mumms for £37. Are you nuts? Still, it just went to prove that I can take maximum 3 to 4 hours of this and be happy to drive off home in my car. And yes, some kissing in the sun, on the grass, is welcomed and this being London the crowd was pleasing on the eye and we run into several acquaintances/friends. Useful instead of a garden party at home I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home