Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Sunday, August 13, 2006

13 August - Socks & Phones

Am officially 12, the regression continues apace. Am in a newsagent buying the Sunday papers and cursing the plethora of magazines that carry giveaways. Surely nobody needs any more stupid flip flops? (see previous entry), what’s so new about them as a giveaway? Plus I nearly killed myself in some of those KG ones I got free with whatever it was that I read in five minutes and chucked. It had rained and they were so slippery on the pavement, I had to take them off after the fifth skidding incident and realising a possible lawsuit against the magazine was not going to work. So, there I am annoyed about all this ,when a magazine for teenagers catches my eye. It’s not the frankly awful plastic beach bag that it’s offering on its cover. Oh, no! It’s the sock for your mobile phone. Yes it looks like half the sock that would go over your toes and ball of your foot. It’s for you mobile phone! Wouldn’t you just know its use? Moby phones need to keep warm against the chilly weather! I have to have it! The magazine is £2.20. I can post it to my friend’s daughter later, as am loathe to just throw anything away. The moby sock is mine. Makes me happy for the drive home. What hope of growing old gracefully for me?

2 Comments:

  • At 1:55 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    darling, i shall. I have a column idea of my own which may be used for a magazine launch next Feb.
    Will call soon.

     
  • At 3:02 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    actually there's no answer or voicemail on your number ... just checking. leave me another comment.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home