Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

14 August - Iceland & Stories

Toph is laughing and laughing at dinner with his two old friends, the Icelandic girls (now Icelandic women as both in possession of husbands and children). You can tell they loved a party, they’re several years younger than me, but their skin is older. Meow.
A few days later or so Toph is laughing and laughing again when we’re out with the visiting top icelandinc poet. I mean, laughing showing teeth which is not that common with him. After these two displays, I can only infer that the people he’s most comfortable with hail form that small, dramatic and extreme island. And of course he loves Bjork, don’t we all. Am less keen on Sigur Ros, which he also loves. But that’s ok, am sure he could do without my bursts of Tiga or Scissors Sisters. I like the Icelandic because they’re quite direct… and they have stories, something to do with having to come up with entertainment when there’s bugger all to do out there in the cold probably. But the Greenlanders probably don't relish telling stories that much and they're also cold for months? I don’t know why am telling you this, apart from forming some minor plot to go to Iceland soon to see if I can hold my own there. I did go many years ago but was sort of a work thing so never really had that much fun. Slow day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home