Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, February 06, 2007

1 February - Russian & Boyfriends

I love the net for where you end up cruising. I now don’t remember what lead me to this but I found a website for Russian g/friends (one of probably thousands) and saw on its front page that it also hosted pictures of men. I could only see the two posted there as to see more would necessitate signing up and handing over money and that’s not what I want to do, despite my curiosity. One guy was a total no no looks wise, but the other one was a dark haired Justin Timberlake broody guy, all of 18 years old. Now I don’t know if he was straight or gay either but, if the same principles apply, ie, anything that we have to offer in the West is better than what they have ‘there’ in various former USSR republics and they’re so desperate to get out, I could get me this cute guy called Libin who’s 18 as a ‘boyfriend’.

What exactly could he want more than a roof over his head, use of my car and a few hundred quid a month to buy beers and go see his new mates in whichever part of London they congregate? If someone else who’s 84 can get a Ukrainian Valentina who’s 30, (was reading funny novel about this recently, which had at the centre of its plot exactly that kind of relationship) then surely I can do the same? Sure friends would laugh and family would be worried but I don’t have to answer to anyone non? And surely Libin would desert me as soon as he finds someone who can keep in a better style? Would he really be saving to send money home to Kazakhstan? Would he beat me up when he discovers that a night at Pasha costs more than the 100 quid I’d bung him on a Saturday? Would he be as high maintenance in the ball breaking department as all the eastern Europeans that are currently the girlfriends of various people I know? What is it that makes these women relentless in acquiring stuff that your regular Western girl does not demand? I know some of them have brothers to save from starvation and sick babushka’s to get medicines for but, is it really that bad? If all you need is the basics for them back home, why are you shopping at Harrods? If any Russian is reading this perhaps they can let me know?

I don’t need any of this right now, you know, the Russian boyfriend, but was somehow cheered up by this discovery. Am always on the lookout for how to handle life and have some fun when things will inexorably change for the worse. I don’t much plan to go on cruises round the Greek Islands for example, I may not be that mobile for example, but Libin could go to the shops and give me a kiss etc. And I would never understand what he says in Russian to his friends over the phone so I’d not be upset when he tells them he lives with his ancient old bag, 55 or some such and what a revolting bore it is to have to submit to her smooching. By then I may well be desperate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home