Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

20 January - Evil Weekend papers

It never ceases to amaze me. You go 2 weeks without reading a newspaper, or just some local stuff, relying on the fact that if there’s something big back home, someone will tell you. They did tell us Saddam had been hanged and the rest, but I bet you don't know that there were strikes in his support in Southern India??? Just strong anti american feelings have turned him into some sort of hero.
Then the first week end you’re back, you’re feeling like a loser or under achiever because you cannot manage to finish any of the papers and supplements. I wonder what was in the 2 or 3 week ends I missed. Nothing major I’m sure. Of course resolving not to buy them/ read them, doesn’t work. And I’ve already limited myself to one. I decide that from now on I will not ready celebrity interviews because they don’t tell me shit. This past week end I’ve skimmed over Mackenzie Crook, Captain Picard (whatever actor’s name is, sorry) and Mel Gibson. Utterly devoid of any interest to me, especially the first two. I must be resolute. I should also stop reading irrelevant stuff though I already don’t read gardening, cooking, sports, motoring. But I do read travel, business and property. And it all just takes too long. As for reading other people’s blogs, I’d so like to, there are so many good ones but again, where do people find the time? Before Xmas I was lent by kind friends, various DVD series that I’ve totally lost touch with or not followed. (“24”, “Nip & Tuck” and so on, said no to “Desperate Illogical and increasingly cartoonish Wives”). I have not watched them still, though in fact, I had 4 episodes of Nip and Tuck series 3 in the background whilst I updated this blog. Apart from turning to the TV when I heard some interesting sounds (watching Christian Troy’s bum or Matt’s bum is a main pleasure of this programme), I really didn’t find it that compelling. They’ve even introduced a psychopath ‘Carver’ in the old Scary Movie ploy and frankly that’s not the series I started to watch. Not entirely sure where I’m going with this. Guess just interested to find out if anyone has top tips for fitting it all in. There’s novels to read too of course.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home