Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, March 02, 2007

1 March - Spring & Toilet Training

I was reading someone else’s blog, as you do and yes it is a mistake not to link to any on mine, I find most of the ones I read as links from other people’s blogs, though having said that I lack the loyalty gene and I don’t go checking them again and again very often – I do a splurge printing of all I find that month or in parts of their archives, take it home, read it, make the mental notes ‘Is it better than mine, same level or worse’ and forget. I save some url’s on the computer but then again, don’t check them. I remember some names (CatinRabat for example) but not others. I guess lisataylordiary is not that memorable but haven’t come up with a better title yet. Am always astounded at the pen names kids use in their myspace pages for example. I want them all: no bra, so sick, angelfood, miss murderer, anyway, I could be there all day.

So this woman, blogger in the US, does quite well as she’s a web designer so it all looks great and she uploads daily photos which are pleasing on the eye though for some reason I don’t care about seeing other people’s flats or flowers or pets, but am hard like that. She makes money out of her blog. Love that. Soon you’ll see a paypal box on this and you can donate in multiples of 99p so I can buy music downloads that way. My new thing is trying to barter between my usual purchases and new ones. I’lll only book a riding class if 40 people who read this pay 99p each.
Anyway, she writes well and a lot about her family. She’s a recovering Mormon, v. funny, had first premarital sex at 22 but waited to taste her first cup of coffee at 23... well I think it’s funny!

So, I read a post about toilet training her 3 year old (or failing to do so for various reasons) and the post had over 250 comments. I just couldn’t believe it, so mug that I am I (no kids, no need for toilet training tips), skim read through most. Bewildered that this subject got more comments than, I don’t know, Britney shaving her head. So I don’t know, but thought I’d write about this, put toilet training as a tag and see how many women (they were 99% women) get to my blog that way. Wonder why no men commented. Either they don’t already read her blog or they don’t care about toilet training and therefore search for those words, I can't think that they may have a further kinky meaning (you’d think they do tough... the sooner kiddies get off stinking nappies the better non?) or felt they didn’t want to enter such a fraught arena and believe me, it was fraught, lots of arguing. Kids, who needs them.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home