Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, October 15, 2007

5 October - Any date, any colour

That time of the year again when long haul travel looms. Have decided that the only true reason why I’d like to be rich is that I would never, ever have to try and travel when fares are not hugely inflated because it’s over premium periods ie Xmas /new year. That would be my luxury. I want to go on 23 December. Yes madam, that will be twice as much as it is if your depature is at end of January. And I’d reply, don’t care. Just book it.

Many years ago the only true reason to be rich would have been to be able to say ‘and I’ll have the same in every colour’. I still remember working with a chap who gave me a cherished cashmere v neck in pale yellow (decided he could do w/o this shade) as he’d gone and got the exact same in many other hues. But pale yellow with blond hair... no. I said as much. He gave it to me - was witchy red back then. And me being me, I still have/wear the darn sweater.

Clearly it would be equally exhilarating to buy the house one likes w/o worrying about the price but that’s still a sort of static thing. I definitely think travel whenever I want (which implies not having to clear the request with any employer for example) would be the best. And also the possibility of varying said trip when one is on it. Oh, I think I’ll stay here in Dalat an extra week, or I fancy carrying on into Taiwan, why not, who cares that it’s another £xxx.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home