Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Thursday, November 22, 2007

17 November - West or East?

Daydreams of third world slum landlord life are occupying me… My friend who lives and works in Cancun is in town with his boyfriend. We catch up…sadly this only happens once a year. He says a two bed flat could be mine for 15k. Marvellous. Wouldn't buy a car in London. A house would cost me a bit more but you know, start with the flat, or more than one, leave him to manage it /them for me and trade them up for a house when am ready to spend more time exploring Mexico which is so much more than its beaches.

It’s perfectly feasible at those sums I think. Heck, am sure that if i were to buy in Kenya or Nepal I could spend even less, the price of a few handbags. But will I have enough time to spend there if am also spending time in my, hypothetical, similar flats in Mumbai and other choice parts of India? Will the seasons work in my faviour? Can I do 3 months work in London a year and spend the remaining between East and West? Why dream when I can just go to the bank and get started?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home