Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, December 31, 2007

28 December - Poker revelations

Boy I love the net. I think it's one of my overused phrases but it's true. So, am here at work, minding my own business, when poker enthusiast colleague comes to tell me of a website where 'if you know which pokerwebsite your boyfriend uses, and what's his username, you can check when he plays/how often, how much, earnings and losses and so on'.
'You're having me on!' 'No, it's true, do you know his details?' 'Yes of course I do, have sat on his knee many a time when he's played and explained whey he was doing well/about to win etc, and then left him to it only to ask in the morning if he'd won and er... no, some giant bad luck had struck and dealt him a run of bad cards etc etc'.

And so it is... it's true, you can do it. Ask me how if you have a gambler in the family. Not only does the site give you all of the above but it helpfully also supplies the information in graph form, pie charts and all manners of scientific, incontrovertible evidence of gambling activity. I'm sure he doesn't know how much he's lost over the months. Yes, notice the use of verb. There's no winnings. Or rather, they never match the losses. And they're enough to keep me in designer handbags, not that I want any.

However, only a couple of days ago did he volunteer that he'll not play in 2008. Oh really??? So for now, have printed the body of evidence, stored in a drawer and will make myself not check again until the end of Feb (I'd like to have a nice Valentine thank you very much) but I won't be able to hold myself back from checking at some point and woe betide he who breaks one of his promises to me....

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home