Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, February 22, 2008

20 February - Brits & Blondelles

Some people are at the Brits tonight, but we’re watching the Blondelles at Neighbourhood. Last time I saw the guitarist and co-singer, he was in his mother’s tum… at her wedding. Ahh sweet. Am not a friend of hers, but had a connection to the husband. Lovely day it was, in France. Actually had a connection to her also via her first lover (much much later) and in actual fact when I look at the kid, I can also see a resemblance to my lover and not just the father. Well, both are not very tall, have dark hair and a big nose. But anyway, not casting aspersions.
And here they are, this lovely bunch confident and very accomplished and professional musicians and the room is full of 19/20 year olds who could all be Pixie and Fifi and Agyness and you know the type, it's not 2008 if you don't wear bold asymmetric prints and plastic bangles. Wonder what it’s like to have your famous mum and dad in the audience sometimes? (not tonight) or if you’ve banished them as they perhaps embarrass you?
Anyway, they're my little tip for the top for this week and I'm glad am home by 11.30

Later on am told about an after Brit party that goes a different way for a friend of a friend, M. and twice a night G. in her hotel room. Am trying to remember if that was the case with me and G.? Think so… because it was always a bit of a session and both very eager to impress. But he has a g/friend, they bought a house together last year, they seem happy. What was he thinking? Maybe it's a tradition for him? Did any of his artists win anything? I have no idea. Just goes to prove you can never trust anyone to be... faithful.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 1:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    wow wow what' the story about G? can't follow. fill me in. i went to the other brits party. I x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home