Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

9 February - Sick & Sex

Ok so I currently have a sick BF, bad flu for over a week and sort of accompanying depression because of lack of activity, meetings, work etc. and can’t go to his beloved fitness routine due to er.. sickness (only consolation is that the broody Russian hasn’t gone either as he’s been more sick than BF with it and even called an ambulance as he thought he was going to die. Broody/silent type S. does not have a loving GF who’s on hand to nurse and nurture. I’d have mopped his brow…

As for the BF, apart from the bad first 2/3 days of said flu and a fainting fit that left him with badly bleeding gash on eyelid and was either all my fault as I was on the phone doing one of those ‘You don’t fool me mister, I know what you’re up to and stop it immediately or else…’ speeches, or it was a digesting short circuit due to the bad fish at the Greek owned restaurant in Stoke Newington, you know who you're and that wasn't fresh despite the fab stories you told us about when Frank Sinatra ate at the club in East London you worked in when first off the boat in the fifties, he’s mainly not been breathing very well because of blocked nose, had headaches because of pressure and generally been a bit weak.

But, and I’d like some feedback on this ie. is it normal? he’s been mad for sex every day. How’s this possible? Is it because if you don't actually get out of the house you have all this energy that has to go somewhere? Or you're desperately bored? Am certainly not complaining but this morning I pointed out to his messy office which I have been going on at him to clear out/tidy for .. months. He says ‘I’m ill, I’ll do it when am better’. So I replied, ‘If you’re well enough for reasonably complicated sex, then you’re good enough for sorting this out. Today.’ I added that I’m going on strike till it’s sorted. He ruefully said that will never happen as I love it more than he does. Sad but true. That kind of blackmail can never apply. I really don’t know what I should subtract from his life though to make him sort the mess out. He doesn’t see it all…

Oh, I know, I think I’ll hide his latest Douglas Coupland novel he’s reading even as he’s standing up and walking on his way from room to room. That should do it. It is possible of course that when a man is down/low, he may realise how good to him, useful, indispensable etc his GF is and as he’s in no shape to fight off marauding intruders, Visigoths and other fully fit men, he may try extra hard to mark his territory.. Ah, evolution theories, where would we be without them?

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 8:44 AM, Blogger Kelly Guyer said…

    Not sure on how to get him to tidy up, other than to withdraw from sex... Perhaps you could try a new toy in the mean time?! There's a new rabbit out, meant to be unbelievable
    Although I have heard an old wives tale that sex helps to cure a cold... meaning he would be better quicker therefore able to tidy up under your watchful eye of course!
    kellyguyer.blogspot.com

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Lisa Taylor said…

    very funny. I do threaten the 'no fun and games' regime but he just laughs it off as time and time again, it's been proven I just can't say no, so it's not an effective threat for him.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home