Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Friday, February 22, 2008

16 February - Pool Clubs & Drag Queens

If you haven't yet been down the Haymarket hotel for their Friday night pool bar drag queen show, you're missing out. Quick it's about to end its run and the drag queens will return to NY (I think). Ok so it's totally and utterly gay (or gay plus covens of women and the two don't mix), but it's a change from trying Friday night anywhere else. Am there with my new favourite gay man, the artist and art historian M. and with C. and her gay roommate M (he of white velvet flooring in the bedrooms, yes velvet, not carpet. He works for BA in flight, that figurees). She's in love with him and I think of how many friends over the years have been in love with their gay mates who never don’t reciprocate beyond showing some brotherly love. It's fine but out of the two only one side has fun ie the gay man who still has an active sex life through all this and not my female friends who just then expect to find straight guys with the same qualities... They don't exist...

At this night I see standing next to me the most beautiful 25 year old I've seen in ages. he's a taller, and blond Jake Gyllenhall, the eyes are blue but he's the same. He's also american and his 3 other friends look like preppy boys. I stare at him for so long (and I have to turn my head as he's standing behind me) that I wonder if he knows how troubled he's made me. I can't tell if.... until a little later he's kissing his much less interesting and shorter mate on the lips and ... he means it. I'm gutted.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home