Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Monday, April 21, 2008

17 April - Surgery & Facials

I run into a friend have not seen since before Xmas and can't stop staring at her face. It's so different, she looks amazing, she's had something done for sure but we're not grade A and so I can't actually ask if she's had surgery. I mean, I say 'Wow you look amazing' in a very incredulous voice and she chooses to ignore the obvious inferred query and just says she feels well rested lately... Mmmhh, she's an over 50 and doing a bit of a Madonna perhaps ie. denying. No amount of rest erases that many lines.

A little later I have lunch with the consultant surgeon friend who's had a knee operation recently and so was on the receiving end of anaesthetic and he tells me he had just begun to form the thought 'oh so this is what x/y/z anaesthetic feels like...' (which of course he's had administered to his surgerees many times) and he was out before he got half way through the thought. He confirms that anaesthetic is the most dangerous part of any surgery and he's seen it go wrong plenty of times. So, er.. that's my story. I will not ever have anything done because dying of a silly complication is not worth it. Ask Puff Daddy's mother....

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 6:01 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Telefone VoIP, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://telefone-voip.blogspot.com. A hug.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home