Diary of Lisa Taylor, reluctantly 42 (and a half)

Or.. 'f.ck me I'm forty.. two.. and a half', though can look 38 on a - not so deluded - good day. Or 'How to reconcile a well experienced mind trapped in a still - but for how long? – youthful body.' Don't have the 30somethings angst/problems, neither have the resigned (?) ageing baby-boomers in safe family territory outlook yet. Here's how I cope, one day all sexy women will get old... but never invisible. © Lisa Taylor 2005/6/7/8/9. Jeez.. so much for the 42 and-a-half delusion

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

12 April - A shore too far

Sometimes I think that giving up my nort east London abode to move West has basically turned Shoreditch into a foreign country to me. Despite the fact that several of my friends live East, the trek takes an hour by car. So if you're invited for a brunch at 12 on a Saturday at Shoreditch House, it means leaving West at 11am which is tad too early for me to get out. But it has to be done because 'over there' is lovely. Especially when meeting J. who's such a solar character that even on a day of alternating hard rain and rays of sunshine, being in his company just makes you feel rosy and cosy.

He's trying to get us all to go on a little road trip in Spain at end of August but ... only A. has taken him up on it and A. is a boring (well met him twice and he's still not managing to remain memorable in any way in my mind) architect. The rest of us want to go but can't quite manage to sort it out which is a major shame as half the time I think it would be great to travel as a little possee intent on mischief along the way from Barcelona to south of Valencia and beyond, (think of all the adventures we would have, splitting into smaller groups, enticing new people into the group, observing budding rellationshops with locals or othewise), and the other half I can't square it with the desire to be alone in Sicily with the loverboy who would be top company as we taste tomatoes in Pachino or sit in the shade of an ancient house in Noto or eat an icecream in Syracuse. Why can't I have it all ways, both ways, three ways etc?

tbc

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home